It’s already November and I aremembering how I used to be better about asking my kids what they were grateful for as well as having them tell me a memory of Hadi. So, since it it November 6th, six things I am grateful for are:
1. Cuddles from Zakaria
2. My mother telling me she bought me shawis from Pakistan
3. Scones...ahem, Nazia
4. Spotify and the playlist that Cold Spoon introduced me to: upbeat acoustic covers
5. Planning a trip to Scotland and thinking of Zakaria in a kilt
6. Surah Mulk...Do they not see the birds?
And, six memories of Hadi:
1. Only allowing Zakaria to ask three questions while watching a Star Wars movie.
2. Him putting his arms out and telling me to come to him when he knew I needed a hug.
3. His Quranic recitation.
4. How quickly he finished his homework.
5. Dr. Childs!!!
6. Mommy, you are the best. No, kiddo...you are.